Safe Quality Food Certified Warehouse
When it comes to food and beverage products, getting them from an origin point to the destination safely is incredibly challenging. With years of experience handling and storing food-grade products, Progressive Logistics can ensure your shipments reach the customer in optimal condition.
We excel as a food-certified warehouse provider by leveraging advanced equipment, employee training, and sanitation procedures. Additionally, we invite independent authorities to audit the conditions and performance of our facilities and certify they operate according to SQF Food Grade standards.
Progressive Logistics is proud to have obtained the Safe Quality Food Certification. Also called the SQF certification, which shows our ability to manage food safety risks and provide a secure environment for our food industry customers.
Why Work With A SQF Certified Warehouse?
Why Does the SQF Certification Matter?
Administered by the SQF Institute, an SQF certification demonstrates compliance with all processes and requirements defined in the SQF code. It’s a rigorous process involving independent and impartial facility assessments to determine conformity of equipment, processes, and systems to identified standards.
The SQF Food Safety Certification is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative. The GFSI identifies and standardizes requirements crucial for food safety management systems. Since GFSI standards are used worldwide, the SQF is one of the most sought-after certifications available.
Food-Certified Warehouse Indianapolis Solutions
At Progressive Logistics, we want our clients to rest assured knowing their products are handled and stored by our team with care. By obtaining the SQF certification, you can have confidence that we have a comprehensive food safety system to make it happen.
Our modern SQF food-grade warehouse features 24-hour monitored security and undergoes regular sanitation and pest control treatments to ensure a clean and stable environment following today’s regulatory compliance requirements.
We offer ambient, climate-controlled, cooler, and freezer warehousing for racked and bulked storage. Our team members are highly trained, quality-minded, safety-conscious, and overseen by experienced management personnel.
- Racked or Bulk Freezer, Cooler
- Blast Freezing
- Order Pallet Picking / Case Picking
- USDA Import / Export Inspections
- Cross Docking and Load Consolidation
- State of the Art Radio Frequency (RF) and Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Electronic Data Interfaces (EDI)
- Customer Web Portal — Secure portal 24 hours a day. Customers can access lot information/histories, pending/shipped orders, run inventory reports, and email HTML and/or CSV file formats of pertinent queries performed
- Customizable WMS — Customer workflow customization simple to complex — includes documents, special picking preferences by product and/or consignee, labels, etc. Customers can track all movement of product from receipt to shipment confirmation real time
- Customizable Inventory Tracking — Dates, pallet license plates, box serial numbers, production batch codes, weights, track establishment numbers, etc
- Freezer temperatures to -20° F
- Ultra-low temperatures range: -10° F to -20° F
- QuickFreeze™: Tunnels and high-velocity air movement to quickly remove heat from fresh product
- Room Freezing and Chilling: In-room temperature reduction based upon customer specifications
- Product Tempering: Increasing core product temperature according to customer specification
- Verification of count and condition of the product
- Application of RF bar code identification tags to every pallet
- Retrieval of full pallet or individual cases as specified
- Order assembly: Single case order picking, stretch wrapping, and marking of the pallet with shipping identification
- Pallet Module Building: Customized rainbow pallet assembly of specific products to accommodate specific shipments
- Case Weight Taking: RF bar code scan to retrieve and tally catch weight boxes with recap total
- Clamp Equipment Loading / Unloading: Forklift mounted attachment used for the mechanical handling and palletizing of product
- Cross Dock / Trans-loading: Receiving product in full pallet quantities to be staged for immediate reshipment
- Hand-stack Loading / Unloading: Manpower provided to palletize or floor load individual cases/units
- Labeling / Stamping: Product packaging or cases that need to be specially stamped or labeled
- Re-Palletizing, Spreader: Insertion and removal
- Short Hold Storage: Intact customer orders received and held in storage for short periods (usually less than 3 days) prior to pick-up or re-shipment
- Slip-sheet Loading / Unloading: Pallet quantities of the product received or shipped using slip-sheet and forklift equipment with special attachment
- Stretch Wrapping: Plastic stretch wrapping of palletized product for extra protection while in transit or while being stored
SQF Food-Certified Warehousing Services
At Progressive Logistics, we operate in integrity and value your trust. Storing and moving food products should be the easiest part of your business. When choosing a warehouse provider, access and customer service are essential. With SQF food-grade warehousing solutions available, Progressive Logistics is positioned to meet your needs.
Contact us to learn more about the benefits of our SQF food-grade warehouse. We’re here to discuss your situation in greater detail.