Cold & Frozen Storage Logistics
PL COLD Now Open!
PL Cold offers a 300,000 square-foot build-to-suit cold storage facility that includes approximately 223,00 square feet of freeze and cooler space, a 65,000 square-foot cold dock with an ALTA Refrigeration EXPERT system, and operating temperatures of -10 degrees Fahrenheit.
Our expertise in freezing, cooling and tempering enables customers to comfortably focus on their core competencies.
Please contact Ed Rodgers, VP of Business Development for any additional information.
Cold Storage Warehouse Services
- Racked Freezer and Cooler
- Order Pallet Picking / Case Picking
- USDA Import / Export Inspections
- Cross Docking and Load Consolidation
- State of the Art Radio Frequency (RF) and Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Electronic Data Interfaces (EDI)
- Customer Web Portal — Secure portal 24 hours a day. Customers can access lot information/histories, pending/shipped orders, run inventory reports, and email HTML and/or CSV file formats of pertinent queries performed
- Customizable WMS — Customer workflow customization simple to complex — includes documents, special picking preferences by product and/or consignee, labels, etc. Customers can track all movement of product from receipt to shipment confirmation real time
- Customizable Inventory Tracking — Dates, pallet license plates, box serial numbers, production batch codes, weights, track establishment numbers, etc
- Freezer temperatures to -10° F
- Room Freezing and Chilling: In-room temperature reduction based upon customer specifications
- Product Tempering: Increasing core product temperature according to customer specification
- Verification of count and condition of the product
- Application of RF bar code identification tags to every pallet
- Retrieval of full pallet or individual cases as specified
- Order assembly: Single case order picking, stretch wrapping, and marking of the pallet with shipping identification
- Pallet Module Building: Customized rainbow pallet assembly of specific products to accommodate specific shipments
- Case Weight Taking: RF bar code scan to retrieve and tally catch weight boxes with recap total
- Clamp Equipment Loading / Unloading: Forklift mounted attachment used for the mechanical handling and palletizing of product
- Cross Dock / Trans-loading: Receiving product in full pallet quantities to be staged for immediate reshipment
- Hand-stack Loading / Unloading: Manpower provided to palletize or floor load individual cases/units
- Labeling / Stamping: Product packaging or cases that need to be specially stamped or labeled
- Re-Palletizing, Spreader: Insertion and removal
- Short Hold Storage: Intact customer orders received and held in storage for short periods (usually less than 3 days) prior to pick-up or re-shipment
- Slip-sheet Loading / Unloading: Pallet quantities of the product received or shipped using slip-sheet and forklift equipment with special attachment
- Stretch Wrapping: Plastic stretch wrapping of palletized product for extra protection while in transit or while being stored
PL Cold Time Lapse
With more than 30 years of experience, Progressive Logistics has grown their expertise in cold and frozen food storage and logistics. PL Cold has the experience for your frozen and cold storage needs, supplying services globally and having a facility size of 300,000 square feet of freezer/cooler space, 38,000 pallet locations, and an ALTA Refrigeration Expert System!