Cold & Frozen Storage Logistics
PL COLD Coming November 2023
Progressive Logistics is excited to announce PL COLD - the newest addition to our warehousing capabilities! We have broken ground on our freezer building - conveniently located next to our existing warehouse for your frozen needs.
You can live stream our construction site here as we await building completion!
Our expertise in freezing, cooling and tempering enables customers to comfortably focus on their core competencies.
Please contact Steve Wasser VP, Operations for any additional information.
MCLC III - View #2 (Greenfield, IN)
- Racked Freezer and Cooler
- Order Pallet Picking / Case Picking
- USDA Import / Export Inspections
- Cross Docking and Load Consolidation
- State of the Art Radio Frequency (RF) and Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Electronic Data Interfaces (EDI)
- Customer Web Portal — Secure portal 24 hours a day. Customers can access lot information/histories, pending/shipped orders, run inventory reports, and email HTML and/or CSV file formats of pertinent queries performed
- Customizable WMS — Customer workflow customization simple to complex — includes documents, special picking preferences by product and/or consignee, labels, etc. Customers can track all movement of product from receipt to shipment confirmation real time
- Customizable Inventory Tracking — Dates, pallet license plates, box serial numbers, production batch codes, weights, track establishment numbers, etc
- Freezer temperatures to -10° F
- Room Freezing and Chilling: In-room temperature reduction based upon customer specifications
- Product Tempering: Increasing core product temperature according to customer specification
- Verification of count and condition of the product
- Application of RF bar code identification tags to every pallet
- Retrieval of full pallet or individual cases as specified
- Order assembly: Single case order picking, stretch wrapping, and marking of the pallet with shipping identification
- Pallet Module Building: Customized rainbow pallet assembly of specific products to accommodate specific shipments
- Case Weight Taking: RF bar code scan to retrieve and tally catch weight boxes with recap total
- Clamp Equipment Loading / Unloading: Forklift mounted attachment used for the mechanical handling and palletizing of product
- Cross Dock / Trans-loading: Receiving product in full pallet quantities to be staged for immediate reshipment
- Hand-stack Loading / Unloading: Manpower provided to palletize or floor load individual cases/units
- Labeling / Stamping: Product packaging or cases that need to be specially stamped or labeled
- Re-Palletizing, Spreader: Insertion and removal
- Short Hold Storage: Intact customer orders received and held in storage for short periods (usually less than 3 days) prior to pick-up or re-shipment
- Slip-sheet Loading / Unloading: Pallet quantities of the product received or shipped using slip-sheet and forklift equipment with special attachment
- Stretch Wrapping: Plastic stretch wrapping of palletized product for extra protection while in transit or while being stored