Safegaurding Food-Grade Perishable Products
Choosing the right third-party logistics company to help deliver your products to market is important for every business, but it’s especially critical for food and beverage providers. Aside from cost and reliability, a 3PL’s product handling and storage capabilities can differentiate between successful order fulfillment or discarded stock.
At Progressive Logistics, safeguarding the food-grade and perishable products we handle on behalf of our clients is paramount. Aside from integrating advanced equipment, employee training, and sanitation procedures into our facilities, we ask independent authorities to audit the conditions and performance of our warehouse to certify our adherence to Ecocert standards.
We’re proud to have obtained the Ecocert Organic Warehousing Certification. It demonstrates our ability to maintain the integrity of organic products, ingredients, and finished goods throughout the warehousing value chain, including receipt, storage, order preparation, and shipping.
Why Progressive Logistics?
What is the Ecocert Certification?
Ecocert is an organic certification and inspection body established in France in 1991. The Ecocert Certification guarantees that certified entities maintain the best environmentally friendly and socially conscious practices. Ecocert is accredited by the National Organic Program, or NOP, a section of the U.S. Department of Agriculture that regulates the production and handling of organic agricultural products.
Audits undertaken by Ecocert seek to validate our warehouse’s compliance with applicable internal controls and external regulatory requirements. It’s a rigorous process involving independent and impartial assessments of the conformity of a product, service, or system with the environmental and social requirements specified in the identified standard. Ecocert certification recipients have proven their ability to operate with the best environmentally friendly and socially conscious practices.
Ecocert Food-Certified Warehouse Indianapolis Solutions
When you partner with Progressive Logistics, your food and beverage products are handled and stored with care. Our modern food-certified warehouse features 24-hour monitored security and undergoes regular sanitation and pest control treatments to ensure a clean and stable environment following today’s regulatory compliance requirements.
Your Goals Drive Us
When choosing a food-certified warehouse provider, consistent communication and quality customer service are essential. Progressive Logistics is available to meet your needs with Ecocert food-grade warehousing solutions.
- Racked or Bulk Freezer, Cooler
- Blast Freezing
- Order Pallet Picking / Case Picking
- USDA Import / Export Inspections
- Cross Docking and Load Consolidation
- State of the Art Radio Frequency (RF) and Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Electronic Data Interfaces (EDI)
- Customer Web Portal — Secure portal 24 hours a day. Customers can access lot information/histories, pending/shipped orders, run inventory reports, and email HTML and/or CSV file formats of pertinent queries performed
- Customizable WMS — Customer workflow customization simple to complex — includes documents, special picking preferences by product and/or consignee, labels, etc. Customers can track all movement of product from receipt to shipment confirmation real time
- Customizable Inventory Tracking — Dates, pallet license plates, box serial numbers, production batch codes, weights, track establishment numbers, etc
- Freezer temperatures to -20° F
- Ultra-low temperatures range: -10° F to -20° F
- QuickFreeze™: Tunnels and high-velocity air movement to quickly remove heat from fresh product
- Room Freezing and Chilling: In-room temperature reduction based upon customer specifications
- Product Tempering: Increasing core product temperature according to customer specification
- Verification of count and condition of the product
- Application of RF bar code identification tags to every pallet
- Retrieval of full pallet or individual cases as specified
- Order assembly: Single case order picking, stretch wrapping, and marking of the pallet with shipping identification
- Pallet Module Building: Customized rainbow pallet assembly of specific products to accommodate specific shipments
- Case Weight Taking: RF bar code scan to retrieve and tally catch weight boxes with recap total
- Clamp Equipment Loading / Unloading: Forklift mounted attachment used for the mechanical handling and palletizing of product
- Cross Dock / Trans-loading: Receiving product in full pallet quantities to be staged for immediate reshipment
- Hand-stack Loading / Unloading: Manpower provided to palletize or floor load individual cases/units
- Labeling / Stamping: Product packaging or cases that need to be specially stamped or labeled
- Re-Palletizing, Spreader: Insertion and removal
- Short Hold Storage: Intact customer orders received and held in storage for short periods (usually less than 3 days) prior to pick-up or re-shipment
- Slip-sheet Loading / Unloading: Pallet quantities of the product received or shipped using slip-sheet and forklift equipment with special attachment
- Stretch Wrapping: Plastic stretch wrapping of palletized product for extra protection while in transit or while being stored